WHAT WE DO
WHAT WE DO
Using our corporate values as a foundation, we are able to capitalise on opportunities and offer solutions in our core areas of competence throughout Africa.
The entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of our business, combined with a team-based approach, has created a flexible environment conducive to innovative and lateral thinking. Although we are predominantly focused on equities-based activities, we assign no limits to our thinking and are therefore always free to forge new paths where value opportunities present themselves. Our owner managed style and relative size make us nimble and able to move quickly in response to the changing market trends and our clients’ needs.
Private equity | Distressed opportunities | Mezzanine financing
- Select acquisitions for existing portfolio companies.
- Private equity arising out of shareholder restructuring (where some shareholders in existing private companies wish to exit).
- Growth capital for private companies in SADC region.
- Growth capital for select natural resource opportunities.
Joint venture – Sappi | Joint venture – Zenprop UK
- Continued investment activities in EU property opportunities with Zenprop.
- Conclusion of current pipeline of South African projects with Sappi.
Global fixed income | Global currencies | Global equities
- Global macro and relative value trading in major global markets.
- Value-orientated investments in fixed income, credit and equities.
- Despite unprecedented liquidity provision by global central banks, debt overhangs in key markets of interest continue to generate attractive distressed opportunities.
- Persistent global and sectoral imbalances provide a favourable environment for global macro trading.
INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE
Our owner-managed style and relative size enable us to be nimble and quick to respond to both changes in the market and our clients’ needs.